I drove a 2019 IS300

I drove 2109 IS300 for a day. The below is my comments...

I think I didn't like this car's 2.0 turbo engine. It's very weak at low rpm and suddenly became strong at mid rpm. If I remember right, I think BMW 320(F30) 2.0 turbo engine felt stronger at low rpm but IS300 had better response at mid and high rpm.

I also did 0-96 test. It was 7.52. It was 7.73 on ES300h I drove last time.

This IS300 didn't come with F-sport suspension but it was still good on mountain roads.(So do NOT say only BMWs can provide good handling!!! The situation becomes totally change. Even my wife's 2010 M35X handling is not bad... ) IS300 steering feel is similar to ES300h I drove last time and also my old G35(of course my G's steering feel is much more stiff and provide more feedback because of PSS10) However my GSF steering feel is extremely solid and totally on different level. I only hope my GSF steering can be stiffer and provide more feedback like my old G. I think Ohlins could fix it!?!

In addition IS300 damping was only OK(I think BMW is more stable). I think F-sport suspension should help. My GSF is much better, of course thanks to Sachs dampers and AVS. However I also hope GSF's damping could be better(again I think M5 is better) although GSF's handling on mountain roads are very good. Again Ohlins could fix it... (but I don't think Ohlins can provide as same damping as M5 OEM suspension on BAD ROADS due to its stiffer springs. So I think M5 's suspension is most balanced and the best although its handling is not as good as GSF...) Of course Ohlins will let my GSF's handling become from BETTER to MUCH BETTER than M5's thanks to stiffer springs...

So stiffer springs can be good and bad. You will definitely need REALLY GOOD dampers if your spring become much stiffer!!! So the most difficult thing is dampers, not springs...

THAT'S ONLY MY OPINIONS. IT COULD BE WRONG...

2019-09-30 9:16 發佈
美國車 這麼便宜

怎麼不買 IS350

美國還不用算排氣量 稅金

IS350 還有可變阻尼 台灣都沒有
I think IS350 engine is better. For IS300 I had to get rpm to above 2000. Otherwise the 0-96 time would be even slower. For my G35, M35X and GSF I didn't have to get rpm to above 2000 and would not improve much for 0-96 if I did that...

I also had difficulty in driving IS300 smoothly on the street due to its turbo lag and nonlinear throttle response...

I also drove Q60 3.0t 300hp for an half day last year. I didn't feel any lag on its twin turbos. Its throttle response was good. I only think its high rpm power was not so good....
在美國當然首選 IS 350

據說下一代將改款的Lexus IS會有一顆 2.4 Turbo 的新引擎
也許可以改善低轉速扭力不足的情形
Sorry! This is the first turbo engine from Lexus. I think I should not be too picky on it.

I believe this 2.0 turbo engine will still be reliable and Toyota will also reduce its turbo lag in the future... (Like before they're just slow but will still make it eventually...)
I think this IS300 should be much faster than BMW 320. I had drove my relative's 2014 320 for one week in Taiwan. 320 was good in low-mid rpm but very weak in high rpm (much weaker than my previous old 2000 Maxima!!!) In fact doing 0-96 the high end power is QUITE IMPORTANT. I really double the below number even when its TC is off...

https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/track-tests/2013-bmw-320i-track-tested.html

Maybe 320 can be that fast but definitely not for me and all the non-professional drivers.... (That's why I always doubt their numbers and lap times. I have to test on my own...)

PS: Believe it or not. About 2 years later after I drove her BMW my relative complaint her BMW became very slow and even slower than her previous old 10 year old IS250!!! My relative is an old office lady. I don't think she will abuse her car at any way...
Ha! Ha! I just drove a 2019 NX300 for an half day yesterday. (because the fuel pump recall on my 2017 GSF needs to be done.)

This time the turbo engine from NX was better and less turbo lag. (The lag was still there but much less noticeable) I guess the reason why IS300 turbo lag was so noticeable was caused by bad gas the previous driver put...

However my wife and I still didn't like that car because it let us get car sick... I have to be more gentle on accelerating and braking the car. I felt much more body movement if the road was not perfect. Its handling was good and body roll was OK. Its steering was good just like IS and ES. But, because of its taller body the dampers on NX became much worse. (dampers on IS was not so good but still OK most of time)

So the weak points on these premium Japanese SUVs are not their handling on mountain roads but actually on cruising on straight roads especially on bad roads...(This situation is just like my GSF vs M5) So you don't need to upgrade their springs and sway bars. I think a set of good dampers should fix the problems. Of course if you want your SUVs be driven like sports cars, you still need stiffer springs and sway bars...

Comparing with my wife's M35X which is sedan I think the body roll on NX300 during cornering was good. M35X's handling is not bad. So I think NX300 handling should be good. The only problem is the transition speed during weight transfer during acceleration, braking and change directions is a little bit fast but its body roll/dive/squat amount is well controlled...

So the driver needs to be more GENTLE on brake, throttle and steering changes to keep passengers still comfortable...
I also think 2019 ES300h is a little bit softer than NX300. However ES300h is a sedan. So I still feel more stable in ES300h than NX300...
I think Lexus is really good now. Their cars' handling are quite good now. Their handlings were not so good in the past... That's why I always chose Infiniti/Nissan before even thought Lexus/Toyota was more refine and reliable... Nowadays I think I have no reason in continuously buying Infiniti/Nissan except GT-R!!! If Infiniti/Nissan had provided similar performance level car as GSF, I might still buy Infiniti/Nissan. Unfortunately they didn't except GT-R, so I bought a GSF. (Because this new car will become main road trip car for my family to replace my wife's M35X. So it has to be 4-door big sedan)

I had tested 335 and C350 many times in the past. I didn't think they were better. Maybe BMW is a little more stable but the difference was subtle. I also drove 320 for one week. I was NOT impressed on its handling/suspension. I also tested F10 528. Believe it or not. It felt like a BOAT!?!
限制級
您即將進入之討論頁 需滿18歲 方可瀏覽。
根據「電腦網路內容分級處理辦法」修正條文第六條第三款規定,已於該限制級網頁,依台灣網站分級推廣基金會規定作標示。
評分
複製連結